Sponsors for YES
‘YES (YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUMMIT)’ …..INNOVATIVE ROAD TO SUCCESS
The program will be open to high school students to Prepare them for the Innovation Economy: Entrepreneurship by a series of lectures by renowned leaders/professors/entrepreneurs and the students will form a team with 5-6 members under a mentor (one of the speakers or leaders of today) to develop a product and how to market that innovation into a successful business.
GOAL: Equip young people with an innovator’s eye and teaching them the tools how entrepreneurship changes mindsets, lives and ultimately the world.
No classes during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays (where they can work on their projects at home)
- A modular curriculum that can be blended in a semester (~4 months), where students will use startup methodologies to develop and test business ideas
- Along with the lecture series they will have form a team to come up with an innovative idea and use the tools taught in the lecture series to market the product into a profitable venture.
- The team will be supported by the entrepreneurs and business leaders who will volunteer as classroom speakers, field trip hosts, business plan coaches, and competition judges.
- The team will compete in a pitch competition and present their proposal to the judges in the end of the course for a chance to win capital to launch the idea or pursue educational goals.
- Sponsors for the program will sponsor the reward.
- Start time : 20th of Oct, 2019 ; Break during Thanksgiving and Christmas break (where they can work on their projects); End Time: 23rd of Feb, 2020
- Sessions to take place in the temple hall on Sunday late afternoon 3-5 pm
- Lectures will be fortnightly (8 lecture series with 1h lecture and 1h workshop)
- Tentative cost : $99
- Class Size : Limited Seats
Contact: Nalini Joshi (972-415-9296)